Dr. Emalee Knudsen, a board-certified Naturopathic physician and Acupuncturist who completed her medical training at the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut. Her specialization in both Naturopathic and traditional Chinese medicine allows her to combine the best of both western and eastern medical mindsets to provide holistic individual based care.
Dr. Knudsen completed her doctoral education with a 2-year medical residency under Dr. Ilana Gurevich, ND, LAc, specializing in gastrointestinal disorders and primary care. During this residency, Dr. Knudsen worked closely with Dr. Gurevich in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of digestive complaints such as Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Microscopic Colitis, Celiac Disease, Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth, Methane Overgrowth, Heartburn/GERD, acute and chronic constipation or diarrhea, gall bladder disorders, Irritable bowel syndromes, hemorrhoids, and much more. Thus, igniting Dr. Knudsen’s passion for treating all things gastrointestinal system related.
Dr. Emalee Knudsen’s Medical Philosophy
Being a strong believer in Doctere, or “Doctor as teacher”, Dr. Knudsen extends the importance of a strong educational base for patient care as well as a supportive atmosphere to allow patients to participate in their own health care journey.
Dr. Knudsen delivers a comprehensive individualized care through modalities including but are not limited to, Western and Chinese herbal medicine, nutritional supplements, hydrotherapy, dietary and lifestyle education, Perinerual injection therapy, Ozone therapy, IV nutrient therapy, and other Chinese medicinal therapies such as acupuncture, tuina massage, cupping, electroacupuncture, and moxa to help provide individualized treatment plans to best fit your lifestyle.
When not working at Kwan Yin, Dr. Knudsen enjoys going to local farmer’s markets, cooking, hiking with her daughter, and playing board games with her family.
Some conditions Dr. Knudsen treats:
- Digestive disorders: Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, Microscopic Colitis, Celiac disease, Gallstones and other gall bladder complaints, Acid reflux/heartburn/GERD, Food Allergies, Nausea, Candida/yeast over growth, Chronic Constipation, Chronic and acute Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Methane Dominance
- Chronic and Acute Pain: Back pain, Neck pain, Headaches, Joint pains, Arthritis, Shoulder pains, Knee pains, and fibromyalgia
- Women’s Health: Hormone imbalances, Menopause, Irregular or Painful Menstruation, PCOS, Yeast infections, Urinary tract infections
- Endocrine Disorders: Thyroid dysfunction, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, autoimmune conditions, Adrenal fatigue
- Neurological disorders: Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, Chronic fatigue, Chronic pain, peripheral neuropathies
Dr. Knudsen is in-network with many insurances, including: BCBS, MODA, Providence, ASH, OPTUM, Kaiser/CHP, Kaiser referral, Aetna.
Schedule a complimentary 15-minute consultation with Dr. Knudsen at 503-701-8766.