Dr. Kellyn Adams practices Naturopathic primary care medicine and 5 element acupuncture at Kwan Yin Healing Arts. She is committed to combining the most current research findings with the wisdom of nature to provide excellence in holistic, individualized care to each of her patients. Dr. Adams completed a full-time 2 year residency at Kwan Yin under Dr. Gibran Ramos, ND, LAc, and David Berkshire, LAc, and continues to work closely with these practitioners to further deepen her understanding of Natural and Chinese Medicine in order to maintain the highest quality of care for her patients.
She earned her doctoral degree in Naturopathic medicine and Masters of Science of Oriental medicine from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine, completing six years of education that includes three years of internship in the NCNM clinic and in community clinics across the Portland area. In addition to her training in primary care, she received specialty training in Anthroposophic medicine, western herbalism, German biological medicine, women’s health, gastrointestinal and hepatic support, neuro-feedback to treat traumatic brain injury, mental health, and has worked with under-represented and under-served populations at OutsideIn clinic in downtown Portland.
Her experience provides her access to a wide scope of treatment modalities to bring her patients into their own, unique balance of health and happiness. Dr. Adams is happy to work with individuals of all ages, offering primary care services as well as a variety of complimentary services. She truly embodies the Naturopathic principle, ‘Doctor as Teacher,’ placing her emphasis on patient education as a means of individual empowerment; her ultimate goal is to teach patients how to free themselves from chronic disease and discomfort by truly caring for themselves through a love and respect for their connection to nature.
A sample of the conditions Dr. Adams treats:
- Chronic and Acute Pain – Back pain · Neck pain · Headaches · Knee pain · Multiple Sclerosis · Fibromyalgia · Shoulder pain · Arthritis · Plantar fasciitis · Jaw pain · Shingles
- Fatigue – Low energy · Chronic fatigue · Hypothyroidism · Adrenal fatigue · Insomnia
- Women’s Health – Fertility · Hormone imbalance · Menopause · Irregular menstruation · PCOS · Osteoporosis · Yeast infections · Fibroids · Urinary tract infections
- Hormone and Endocrine Disorders – Thyroid dysfunction · Diabetes · Infertility · Chronic fatigue · Adrenal dysfunction · Fibromyalgia · Autoimmune conditions · Insomnia · Pituitary dysfunction
- Digestive disorders – Constipation · Diarrhea · IBS · Crohn’s disease · Celiac disease · Ulcerative colitis · Gallstones · Acid reflux/heartburn · Ulcers · Allergies · Nausea · Vomiting
- Cardiopulmonary disorders – High cholesterol · Angina · Stroke · Hypertension · Heart failure · Asthma · Emphysema · Peripheral neuropathy · Lung cancer · Bronchitis
- Neurological disorders – Depression · Anxiety · Multiple Sclerosis · Stroke · Dizziness · Alzheimer’s · Dementia · Autism · Peripheral neuropathy · Headaches · Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
Treatment Modalities employed by Dr. Kellyn Adams:
- Naturopathic Medicine including – nutritional and lifestyle counseling, botanical medicine, vitamin and mineral therapy, classical homeopathy, biotherapeutic drainage, spinal manipulation, constitutional hydrotherapy, flower essence therapy, cranio-sacral massage
- Chinese Medicine including – Chinese herbalism, Five-element acupuncture, traditional Chinese acupuncture, cupping, Tuina Chinese style massage